Friday 8 May 2009

A Big Thank You




A Big Thank You

I just wanted to say a very big thank you to everybody who has sponsored my ride to date and anyone who is thinking of doing so. People have been extremely generous and I am humbled.

I am also very very grateful to my family who have been supportive in regards my project. My wife Alison who has had to cope with all the family bits and bobs while I have been training. And my three little ones, George, Hannah and Poppy who have missed out on a lot of play time with Daddy. I have got up early every morning to minimise the disruption, but this has not completely eradicated it, far from it. When I get back, we will play till we drop.

I would also like to thank Baz, an old mate from a guitar forum. We've never met, but had some extensive banter over the years. We even burnt a xmas CD together (with loads of others). On hearing about my ride he has generously arranged transportation from Penzance to Lands End so that we can get going quickly and as fresh as possible. Thanks Baz, I look forward to finally meeting you.
Adrian Corfe also need a mention. He's getting up early on Saturday to get us and our bikes to the train station. So cheers sir.

Finally, thanks to the Farcycles. A dedicated band of cyclists who I have had the pleasure of riding with almost every Saturday. The miles go by much more quickly with you. Mark, hope you get better soon, you are missed on the rides.

Cheers

Pete


May 16th-29th 2009 - Lands End to John O' Groats Unsupported Cycle ride. See details at www.justgiving.com/peterkingcycle




No comments:

Post a Comment