Friday 24 April 2009

Charity Plea

A lot of people have been so generous to date and I am very grateful for your deep pockets.

I’m also very aware that there is a credit crunch and choices have to be made, ie buy food or sponsor Pete. In these circumstances I know that its difficult to pledge money especially when there are so many other worthy causes, eg London marathon, London to Paris Cycle ride and London to Brighton cycle ride. I was going to do the ride just for the hell of it. However, the London Marathon only took me 3 hours and 25 minutes and London to Paris is only 310 miles. My route from Lands End to John O’ Groats will be just over a thousand miles, and roughly 92 hours in the saddle, on a bike weighing 60lbs (well over a third of my body weight). The training has been extensive, and exhausting, on occations my feet have almost frozen. It has required a great deal of commitment and stamina. Not to mention an incredible amount of support from my wife and children. By comparison marathon training is like popping down the local shops.

Given this, I couldn't simply ride for myself. If you can appreciate the task ahead and have not sponsored me, please click on the link to my Justgiving web site and donate to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Cheers

May 16th-29th 2009 - Lands End to John O' Groats Unsupported Cycle ride. See details at www.justgiving.com/peterkingcycle

No comments:

Post a Comment